Home > International Relations > ERASMUS+ Incoming >


A. Legalization of Stay for non-EU students


Each student from non EU country should apply for and have  the Schengen or National visa and Temporary Residence Permit.

There are two possibilities how to apply for the residence permit:

 1. A foreigner has to submit the application for granting the permanent residence personally, abroad it means in home country at the representative office of the Slovak Republic in that country, which issued his/her passport, or at such office in the country of his/her permanent residence. (If there is no representative office of the Slovak Republic, he/she has to submit the application at a foreign mission determined by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Slovak Republic.)

enclosures to your applications:

1. travel document - passport valid for at least 6 months after the completion of the study period in the host country

2. document on the purpose of stay (Letter of Acceptance/Invitation Letter),

3. confirmation on his/her blamelessness (so called Criminal Record with apostile )

4.  document confirming  provision of accommodation

5. health insurance and financial coverage of residence for a period of one year (till July 2013 a monthly minimum financial coverage was 194,58 Eur) you can proove sholarship allocation ar bank account statement

6. 2 photographs (3 x 3,5 cm) showing his/her current visage .

The police section decides on the application for granting permit for temporary stay within 90 days following the submission of the application (the first day is the day of the reception of the application at the Police Office). The police section may renew or cancel the permit for temporary stay, or it just expires according to the Act.

The permit for temporary stay is bound to one purpose = STUDY in ths case of Erasmus Stay. If a foreigner intends to carry out a different activity that for the permit for temporary stay was granted he/she has to submit a new application for granting of temporary stay.

 2. Foreigners coming to Slovakia for the purpose of the activities in the framework of Erasmus programme may apply for granting the permanent residence also at the appropriate Foreign Police Office in the Slovak Republic.

A foreigner need enclose to the application:

1. Travel document, valid for at least 6 months after the completion of the study period in the host  country,

2.  Document on the purpose of stay (Letter of Acceptance/Invitation Letter),

3. Confirmation on his/her blamelessness (so calledCriminal Record),

4. Document on provision of accommodation,

5. Health insurance and financial coverage ofresidence for a period of one year,

6. 3 photographs (3 x 3,5 cm) showing his/her current visage.

7. Application form, you get it at Foreign Police Department



Each student from non EU has to:

1. register at Foreigner´s Police Office (FPO) in Slovakia in 3 working days after arrival!!! Registration at the Foreign Police Office Student need to go to this office with passport and sign a paper about arrival to Slovakia. This can be done in any Foreign Police Office (FPO) in every city. This must be done within 3 working days afterarrival. The sooner, the better.

2. apply for the Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) 30 days before the expiry date of his/her VISA or within 60 days after crossing the Slovak border (however they should do it as soon as possible, within the first 3 weeks). Application for the Temporary Residence Permit. Temporary residence permit is a document that allows a foreign student to stay and study in Slovakia after his/her VISA permit expires. It is necessary, even if student owns special or diplomatic passport. To receive this document, the student must hand in a few documents from different offices and pay a fee.

3. take a Medical Examination in a Department of foreign diseases in no longer than 30 days from receiving the TRP. Students will receive help from faculty coordinators and buddies to manage theseobligations after arrival.


Foreign Police Office in Banska Bystrica

Oddelenie cudzineckej polície PZ Banská Bystrica
Sládkovičova 4343/25
974 05 Banská Bystrica

Office Hours

Mondays 7.30 - 12.00 12.30 - 15.00
Wednesdays 7.30 - 12.00 12.30 - 17.30
Fridays 7.30 - 12.00  





Certified Translations from English to Slovak Language

1. Agency Interpret - Povstalecká 39, Podlavice, e-mail: savelova@fhv.umb.sk, tel.: 0905 200 762

Directions: Podlavice, take the bus 34 in direction out of town or in Faculty of Humanities, Tajovskeho 51

2. Peter Kucák - J.Král`a 4/A, tel.: 048-414-7419, web: www.lingua.sk, mail lingua@lingua.sk

Directions: Mr. Kucak’s office is in Proxima building, small shopping centre with cafes between EUROPA

SC and the end of main square. The entrance is from the side (not where stream is, but from the road).

Certified Translation from Turkish to Slovak - only in Bratisalva!

Turkish Embassy in Bratislava - Turecká ambasáda

Holubyho 11

811 03, Bratislava

tel.: +421 2 5949

0900, +421 2 5441 5504, +421 2 5441 5606, +421 2 5441 8580, fax: +421 2 5441 3145/5949 0933,

email: turkishembassy@nextra.sk, web: bratislava.be.mfa.gov.tr

Monday – Friday: 09:00 – 12:30 and 14:00 – 18:00

Directions: Check trains and buses to Bratislava at www.cp.sk.

Responsible: Vice-dean for Development | Last updated: 6. 11. 2017 | Updated by: Prašovská Jana